Grants in Action
The opening of the Permanent Art Gallery!
Our McGovern School students have loved the books granted to them through our Curious Readers grant!
This March we funded STEM Saturday for Girls, a day of empowerment in STEM subjects for elementary and middle school girls!
The Lost Boys of Sudan presentation in January.
We granted stability balls for elementary school classrooms!
2017-2018 MFE Grant Summary
Total Grants Provided Since Inception: $270,942
Grants/Scholarships Funded for 2017-2018
1. Medway Oral History Project - $300
2. Playtime Meets Programming - $3,026
3. (ADL) A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE Institute Peer Training Program - $6,500
4. Middle School Makerspace: What Will You Create? - $3,745
5. Leo J. Dugas Memorial Scholarships (Bettencourt & Grandmont) - $200
6. MFE Social Media Internship Scholarship - $1,250
Grants Funded for 2015-2016
1. Music Education Integrated Preschool - $900
2. WeatherBug System - $7,990
3. Investigating Rotational Motion - $2,100
4. Middle School Garden - $3,290
5. Stability Balls (grades 2-5) - $2,700
Memorial and Middle
6. Customized Book Bags for
Reading Workshop - $3,200
McGovern and Memorial
7. Reflex Math - $2,696
8. Lost Boys of Sudan to Medway - $1,200
9. Science Saturday for Girls - $3,000
10. Permanent District Student Art Collection - $1,000
11. Micropipettes for molecular genetics applications - $5,873
12. BOKS (Reebok Foundation before school physical activity) - $1,200
13. Flexible CLassroom/Differentiating Instruction - $1,393
14. Student Tools Project - $1,200
15. Fostering Curious Readers - $1,600
16. JSTOR (access to the highest quality academic journals, books, etc.) - $2,000
17. Leo J. Dugas Memorial Scholarship (Bettencourt & Grandmont) - $200
The 6th graders at the Medway Middle School were able to enjoy a presentation by Holocaust speaker, Joyce Davis!